The Director is responsible for the administration and leadership of the operations of the Nebraska Transportation Center (NTC). The Director shall provide leadership to successfully manage and operate NTC’s personnel and students. This position is a critical faculty leadership role with responsibility for ensuring that NTC has the strategic vision, facilities, research infrastructure, extramural funding, and key personnel essential to increasing the impact of research and creative activity at UNL and fostering innovative, interdisciplinary endeavors and solving challenges critical to Nebraska and the nation. It is critical that the NTC Director build and maintain strong alliances with transportation researchers and professionals within the University of Nebraska system, the state of Nebraska, regionally, and nationally.
• A PhD or equivalent in engineering or a related transportation field.
• A strong record of scholarly achievement in transportation operations, traffic engineering, transportation policy, multimodal transportation, freight transportation, transportation/geometric design, transportation safety, transportation data science, connected and autonomous vehicles, or smart infrastructure or other transportation related field.
• A strong record of obtaining and managing individual and collaborative extramural funding from federal and state agencies, private foundations, and/or corporations
• A strong record of research leadership and collaboration.
• Qualifications to be tenured at the rank of Professor in the Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering.
• Demonstrated skills and abilities necessary to undertake the responsibilities of the Director.
• Candidates must demonstrate a commitment to contributing to a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
• A PhD or equivalent in civil engineering.
• A BS or equivalent in civil engineering.
• An accomplished leader in the transportation research arena with a national reputation and a track record of securing and/or managing funding.
• Qualifications to be appointed as a chaired Professor with tenure in the College of Engineering.
• Experience managing research and administrative staff.
• Experience creating and/or using effective metrics to support fact-based decision-making to drive results.
• Experience in recruiting, hiring, developing, coaching, and mentoring others, as well as developing growth career paths for research faculty.
Review of applications will begin on January 31, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
Applications must be submitted online at http://employment.unl.edu, requisition F_210186. Complete applications will include a cover letter; CV; research, teaching and diversity statements; and list of three references. Note, please combine teaching, research and diversity statements into a single pdf document and attach as “Other Document.” Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the rubrics used by our search committees to evaluate candidate statements:
https://engineering.unl.edu/candidate-statements/. After review of applications begins, those with any missing required statement may not be given full consideration. Please contact Dr. Libby Jones, Search Committee Chair, at 402-554-3869 (firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.