We are looking for intellectual leaders with an ability to think broadly and collaborate within and outside the department to provide creative solutions to growing challenges related to infrastructure systems. These include, but are not limited to, a) developing the next generation of sustainable and resilient infrastructure, b) mitigating and adapting to climate change, c) engaging the community and operationalizing equity and justice into design and decision-making. We are looking for scholars grounded in fundamentals, with problem solving skills and a passion to make a societal impact.
We are seeking colleagues to join a vibrant department with 52 faculty, 739 undergraduate students, 290 graduate students, and 59 distance-education students. The CCEE department recently moved to a new building (Fitts-Woolard Hall) with all new laboratories on NCSU’s Centennial Campus.
Appointments are expected to be at the assistant professor level, although exceptionally qualified candidates may be considered at higher levels.
- An earned doctorate degree in civil engineering or a closely related field.
- Ability to teach at the undergraduate and graduate levels, advise undergraduate, MS, PhD, and post-doctoral researchers.
- Ability to develop and maintain a nationally recognized and externally funded research program within their area of expertise and publish research results in top journals and conferences.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in research.
- Ability to participate in multidisciplinary initiatives to support the missions of the department and the college.
- Post-doctoral experience, professional experience, and a professional engineering license are desirable but not required.
Please attach individual files of the following:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts of graduate work (unofficial transcripts accepted; official transcripts required of finalists)
- Contact Information for References –
- Combined Statement of Research / Teaching Interests – Upload as “Other Document (1)”
- Up to three representative publications – Upload as “Other Document (2), (3), & (4)”
Review of applications will begin on September 10, 2022. and applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
More info at: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/170624